Sunday, March 8, 2009

Painting bug continued

Wood is my most favorite medium to paint on, but my friend Jamie had been painting on canvas one day at my house and I thought I would give it a try. I like the texture and size. But when I paint on wood, it's usually more reasonably priced. The canvas can get a little spendy. But loved loved loved the results.
I seem to go in spurts of wanting to paint. Once I start painting it's hard for me to put the brush down, but when I'm not painting...I have to get so into the flow before I get started. It's just that you have to get so much together to prepare. And having the room for everything is another thing to take into effect. Do I want to take up the space and will I have to put it all away to do anything else.
I will never get rid of my painting supplies...because that is definitely a bug that returns.



My landlord's mom wanted this one. I don't know if it was for a gift or for herself, but she just had to have it.


I showed this to my friend Leilani and she loved it. It is now on her wall.



I painted this on a kitchen cupboard door for one of my friends.



A brand new saw blade I painted and my boss at the time asked if he could have it to hang in his garage.






This one I kept for myself. LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment